Today in Western
Civilization, after taking attendance and getting settled, we started to get
our tests back. Unfortunately, no one in our class got an A so there was no
ding of the bell when our name was called. I got an 80% which is a B. I’m
content with this, but it’s always better to get the best possible grade, which
would’ve been a 100%. The test was open book, and we talked about everything on
it. I’m not the best test taker and I get really nervous when I’m testing.
Especially on scantrons because I freak out if I got like two A’s in a row
because then I think one is wrong. I got 8 of the scantrons wrong, which is
minus 16 points because they’re 2 points each. My essay was really good though,
which made up for it. Mr. Schick wrote on the bottom “Excellent + thorough 20/20” so I was really excited about that! I
was really nervous because the first day we took the test, I didn’t finish the
essay and he said we wouldn’t have any more time, but luckily he gave us a
whole extra class to check our work and finish the essay and short answers if
we needed to! The answers reworded that I got wrong are:
Multiple Choice:
1. Mostly fertile land
is NOT a characteristic of Greece because it’s mostly mountainous land
2. Approximately ¾ of
Greece is covered by mountains
3. The term barbarian was originally used in the
ancient world as the Greek “barbarous” which originally meant “Non-Greek”
6. Tribes were governed
by all of the Warrior Kings and Queens, Chieftains, and Tribal leaders chosen
by warriors
7. The first European
barbarians to make contact with civilization were the Greeks
8. A modern-day country
that would NOT be considered member of “Western Civilization” is China
13. Mycenaean’s
established settlements along the Greek mainland’s southern shore and on some
islands
27. Acropolis was the
high fortified citadel and religious center of an ancient Greek town
Short Answer:
2. (Halfway Wrong) The
titles of Homers stories about the Trojan War were: The Iliad and the Odyssey
3. (Halfway Wrong)
Mediterranean means: Middle of the world
No comments:
Post a Comment